I love this.
I hate it when people pretend like everything is so easy and perfect when they know it isn’t.
I have a feeling that I will be the exact same way as this new mom.
I was gone for a minute, but that’s because I was busy having–and subsequently, trying not to kill–a baby.
This adorable, healthy little fart factory was born six days late at 7:30pm on November 27th by emergency c-section.
It’s been three weeks since Chunker (as I like to damagingly call him) was untimely ripped from my womb, and I am just now finding the time to write about it. I’ve started–and then abruptly stopped–this entry so many times, mostly due to the following:
- abject laziness
- savage abdominal pain due to major surgery
- a once-every-three-hour feeding schedule
- bloodcurdling infant screams
- fecal explosions
- painful nipples
- leaking nipples
- urine trickling out of the back of a diaper and onto my lap
- sour milk spit-ups
- not showering
- taking a moment to neglect my two cats
- tears (mine)
- shovelling food into my mouth whilst hovering over the sink
- resisting the urge to throat punch every person who insists that breastfeeding is…
View original post 609 more words